Manage Stress with Hypnotherapy and Promote Your Wellbeing
Most people tell me they have large amounts of work to get through daily and as long as interruptions are minimal they can just about manage the pressure but they generally admit to feeling a sense of relief at the end of each day! However, many report of an increasing overlap and worry over things to do that carry forward to the next day and a feeling and sense of starting to lose control as they experience the feelings related to a sense of pressure building up.
Various official statistics show the increase in absenteeism from the workplace. The cost to UK industry is 13 billion. A report by Mind in 2011 states that British businesses lose an estimated £26 billion each year in sickness absence and lost productivity. With greater awareness and mental health support, Mind indicate businesses could save one third of these costs – £8 billion a year. (Source ISMA UK)
So, whilst some people may thrive on a sense of pressure, other people may feel the sense of an escalating loss of control. Stress is defined by the HSE as, the adverse reaction people have to pressure or other types of demand placed on them at work. (Source ISMA UK)
Which leads to the question … What Stresses You?
People experience pressure and stress in different ways. Some speak of external stressors, such as the expectations and demands from Managers or Directors whilst other people report of the pressure of their own inner critic’s demands ….
- Other peoples’ expectations and a fear they cannot meet these and the ramifications
- A lack of appreciation from bosses for the job well done
- Lack of respect in the workplace for working overtime
- Inability to switch off from work or other problems and to sleep well
- ncreased workplace expectations
- Internal fears of recalled past events and build up of pressure and self blaming
Can You Spot Your Increased Anxiety Levels?
People often speak of a niggling anxiety and further describe the physical sensations that build up through worries over increasing expectations. For example, feelings of increased heart rate, shortness of breath, tension in the chest, perspiration and palpitations: some people even report headaches and IBS.
Do some of these situations and triggers seem familiar?
- Job worries over a pending merger and acquisition
- New management leadership styles and conflict in communication
- Experiencing negative thought processes and physical symptoms of stress
- Nerves over pitches and presentations
- Lack of assertiveness, increasing procrastination, and unproductive time management
How Advanced Hypnotherapy, NLP and Coaching can help you
Sara will use the best techniques towards achieving your desired goal. You will also work on the logical process towards better understanding and these include: –
- Stress audit – do you recognise certain unhelpful behavioural patterns you could change?
- Calm clear communication and guidance in a non-judgmental setting
- Realistic, achievable goal setting through identification of main tasks
- Time management audit and goals setting
- Learning relaxation techniques to reduce and manage stress effectively
- Work life balance audit
Telephone Sara on 01296 634921 or 07827 505389